Active Shooter Reported on UNCC Campus in Charlotte, North Carolina
May 01, 2019
UNCC Chancellor Phillip DuBois identified the six students in a radio interview Wednesday. The two students killed are 19-year-old Ellis Parlier of Midland and 21-year-old Riley Howell of Waynesville. The four shot are 19-year-old Drew Pescaro and 20-year-old Sean Dehart of Apex, 20-year-old Rami Alramatin from Saudi Arabia and 23-year-old Emily Haupt from Charlotte. (spelling of names unconfirmed).
The suspect has been identified as 22-year-old Trystan Andrew Terrell. Police said Wednesday morning that he has been charged with two counts of murder, four counts of attempted murder, four counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and possession of and discharge of a firearm on educational property.
The campus was placed on lockdown as soon as officials received reports of an active shooter. That lockdown was eventually lifted on a building by building basis, according to officials.
All university activities were canceled Tuesday night including a performance by rappers Waka Flocka and Saweetie. The former tweeted he was safe and not near the scene of the shooting, while the latter posted her condolences on her Instagram story.
• Six shot: two died, three in critical condition.
• Names of victims not yet released.
• Not yet releasing what kind of weapon or weapons were used.
• Law enforcement were already on campus for security at a Waka Flocka concert, so they got to the shooter quickly.
• Shooting was in a classroom, cops got there so fast, shooter hadn't left the room.